Friday, February 24, 2012

Error: The task with the name "Data Flow Task" and the creation name "DTS.Pipelin

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple BI Application for SSIS. In Visual Studio 2005 I just get a Data Flow Task from the toolbar and add it to the project. When I double click it I get the following error:

The task with the name "Data Flow Task" and the creation name "DTS.Pipeline.1" is not registered for use on this computer.

Then when I try to delete it it gives this other error:

Cannot remove the specified item because it was not found in the specified Collection.

I am creating this application in an administrator account in this computer, so I doubt the problem is related to permissions. I am running SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 in WinXP Tablet PC Edition.

Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it?

Not exactly sure why this is happening but as a first stab can you do a search on your machine and in your registry for "DTSPipeline.DLL". it should be in "%PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTSPipeline.dll"

-Jamie

|||

In the properties of the file DTSPipeline.dll for the Administrator account that I am using I have all the permissions checked, except for Special Permissions. For the SQLServer2005DTSUser$MyComputerName the permissions checked are 1.Read & Execute and 2.Read.

|||

And the registry...?

-Jamie

|||

I am not completely sure of where I am supposed to look for in the registry. Possible values you were asking me about:

\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DTS.Pipeline -> Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read

\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DTS.Pipeline.1 -> Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS -> Permissions: Administrator- 1.Full Control 2.Read SQLServer2005UserType - 1.Read

|||

run regedit

press CTRL-F

search for DTSPipeline.dll. You should have an entry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID

-Jamie

|||

Jaime, can you please let me know if the advise you were given was useful, or if you have solved the problems yourself - I'm experiencing exactly the same issues and I've checked all items that have been suggested and everything appears to be as it should be, but I'm still getting the error messages.

Please get back to me a.s.a.p.

David

|||Hi all, I have the same problem and no sulution for it......hmmm|||

I too have seen this problem. I was using a trial version of Visual Studio with a trial version of SQL Server Enterprise Edition. When I converted to Visual Studio Professional Edition and SQL Server Developer Edition, I found this problem. However, the problem disappeared after I installed the SQL Server 2005 SP1. Try it. It might work for you too.

|||

Sorry for not answering before. At that time I wasn't able to figure out what was the source of the problem, so I had to reinstall the OS again.

|||I had this error until I installed Sql Server Sp1.|||I am using the trial version of SSIS and faced the same problem. Just installed SP1 for SQL Server and the problem dissappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment