Friday, February 24, 2012

Error:1418 during Mirroring

I am trying to do mirroring using SQL Server Ent. 2005 SP1 on two machines. I was able to create end points on both the machines at the port no.s 5091 and 5092 respectively. I have all the security setting settings for both the users. I am getting error no. 1418 while starting mirroring sessions.
Can anybody tell me how to troubleshoot this error?

Google Error 1418, there are helpful pointers

e.g. check your SQL is listening on TCP, and the correct port

maybe SQL Browser?

you pointed to the correct ports?

Our mirroring works off the box, because I just used the wizard and used the default ports

|||

There are some troubleshooting hints in the paper: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/technologies/dbm_best_pract.mspx

|||

Try editing the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file on each server to include

IP addressDNSname for each server.

No comments:

Post a Comment