Sunday, February 26, 2012

error:no report server found on the specified machine while setting up reporting services config

Hello,

I have installed sql server 2005 along with reporting services... though i am able to design report using business intelligence studio... i am unable to access the report server.... while trying to start the reporting services configuration manager it says no report server found on the specified machine...Invalid Namespace... the installation is local ...

Due to this problem inspite of designing the entire report i am unable to deploy it on the web..since it is asking for a report server...

Can somebody please help me on this...

Thanks in advance...

Nirupa

Hello Nirupa,

Can you make sure you have IIS installed and running? If so, make sure you have /Reports and /ReportServer showing in IIS management.

Then, check to see if you have the following three folders in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services directory (where x is the component number for RS). LogFiles, ReportManager, & ReportServer

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||

Hi Jarret,

Thanks for your suggestions first,

yes I installed IIS and it is running,

and

I couldn't find any folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\ Reporting Services directory

...LogFiles, ReportManager, & ReportServer

I could see only path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\ Backup

'' \Bin

'' \Install

'' \LOG

'' \repldata

'' \TemplateData

can you suggest me what might had happen.... or what shall be done

Thanks

Nirupa

|||

Do you have a MSSQL.2, MSSQL.3, or MSSQL.4 folder? If so, look in each for the 3 folders I listed in my last post. If you don't have these folders, you probably should reinstall Reporting Services.

Jarret

|||

Hello Jarret

I do not have the folders that you have mentioned....As you have mentioned will probably need reinstallation

Thank you

Nirupa

|||

That is correct, if you don't have these folders, you don't have RS installed. Try to re-install and see if that fixes your problem.

Jarret

|||

Hi Jarret,

Thanks for your suggestions.As you mentioned, I reinstalled SQL reporting services and got the above mention folders(MSSQL.1,MSSQL.2,MSSQL.3) and also I successfully configured reporting services.While trying to deploy my reporting services application in to localhost , I got the below mentioned error : " The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. (Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer) "

can you please sugguest me work around for this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment