Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error:User does not have permission to perfor this action.

I just installled the Visual web developer - express addition. When I try to add aSQL database to my project it gives the following error - "User does not have permission to perfor this action" . Can someone please help?

If this is a Visual Web Developer issue, then you should try posting on the following forums: http://forums.asp.net/.

Is there any other information provided besides the error message, like an error code? If you have no additional information, can you describe the steps that you followed before you encountered the error?

Thanks
Laurentiu

|||

This is what I am doing

I am adding a new item to my project by selecting <Add New Item>. I select the SQL Database. After clicking Ok for creating the database in <App_Data> folder, I get the above stated error.

I have a similar install on my home PC. I do not get any error. It seems that the permision on SQL express needs to be changed. I am nor sure how I mange the users on sql express? I have uninstalled and re-installed the Web Developer express version.

As you suggested I will try to post this issue on the asp.net forum.

Thanks for getting back to me.

|||

Here are some ideas on a what you might do to get more information on this:

- check whether you have access to the folder where you're attempting to create the database (also check that the account that SQL Server runs as has access)
- check the SQL Server errorlog to see if there are any errors logged there
- If you have SQL Server Profiler, connect it to the server, retry the operation and see if any errors appear in the trace

Unfortunately, it's not clear whether the message you receive is from Web Developer or SQL Server. SQL Server error messages are usually accompanied by an error number and an error state, but this information is not always shown by clients.

If you can isolate the issue as happening in SQL Server, let us know.

Thanks
Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment