Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error:sql mobile encountered problems when opening the database

I am trying to deploy my mobile app to treo 700wx, but when i test the app, the application gives me an error message:

sql mobile encountered problems when opening the database

It happens when I sync data.

However, when I sync data users and customer info, it doesn't give this message, But when I sync (third time) order info, this message comes out.

--when i run on my PPC (HP ra1950), there is no this error message.

I think it is a bug?

BTW, which cabs file should I install on the Treo phone? (.Net ce, sql ce mobile30 ?)

Please help me out. Thanks

James

This problem may be caused by not disposing the replication object. Make sure you always dispose all the data related objects.

These 2 forum entries refer to this problem:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=334604&SiteID=1

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=478902&SiteID=1
|||It may be caused by the System.Data.SqlServerCe versioning. if you are doing merge replication in using VS orcas you need to use the compact edition 3.5 instead of 9.0.242.0 Syatem.Data.SqlServerCe assembly. if you insist of using the 9.0242.0 then you need to add those compact 3.5 edition 7's .dlls in to your execution directory. The dlls are sqlceca30.dll, sqlcecompact30.dll, sqlceer30EN.dll, sqlceme30.dll, sqlceoledb30.dll, sqlceqp30.dll, sqlcese30.dll. Try to remove and add the assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment