Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Error: SSIS Runtime Object could not be created.

I am using SQL Server 2005 Version 9.00.1399.06 (Intel X86).

Whether I try to start a new Integration Services project in Visual Studio or try to import data into a database I receive the following error:

SSIS Runtime Object could not be created. Verify the DTS.dll is available and registered. The wizard can not continue and will terminate.

Unable to cast COM of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.DTS.Runtime.Wrapper.PackageNeutralClass' to interface type
'Microsoft .SqlServer.DTS.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSContainer90'
This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80028010) (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

I have no idea why I am getting this error and would appreciate any help. I'm sure some of you SQL Server Gurus will know right away.

This is setup problem, please reinstal the product or consult SQL Setup forum.

You can also try running 'regsvr32 dts.dll', which will probably fix this particular problem.|||

I had the same problem and I tried running regsvr32 dts.dll and I got this error.

dts.dll in not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.

Please advise.

i also tried to re-install SP1 but Integration Services and Reporting Services were greyed out. I wonder if I had to re-install everything all over again..please advise.

|||

Running resvr32 dts.dll from the dos command prompt worked for me.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment