Friday, February 17, 2012

Error: Subreport could not be shown

Hi All,

I've researched for a day and have perused every similar post but to no avail.

I'm building a very simple master-detail report using the report builder in VS 2005. I am not using a forms project.

All

parameters seem to be set up correctly because when data exists in my

subreport, it displays perfectly. The problem is that when I pass a

parameter to the subreport and the subreport returns 0 records, I

receive the infamous "Error: Subreport could not be shown" message in

my textbox.

I've tried setting the NoRows property but it seems

that it's overridden. I've tried setting various sections of the

subreport (from within the subreport) to Visible = False based on a

condition but again, it seems that the error is generated before this.

Could I be overlooking something? Any ideas?

Other notes:

-

I'm not Deploying these reports to the Report Server yet, the error is

strictly within the IDE, but upon performing a test, I receieve the

same error even after deployment.

- Using VS 2005 w / no Service Packs

Thanks!Solved it!

On the sub-report itself, I had to specify that my parameter should be "Non-queried" instead of "From query".

This stopped my subreport from generating the "Error: Subreport could not be shown" message.

No comments:

Post a Comment