Friday, February 17, 2012

Error: Subreport could not be shown.

I am using SQL Server 2000/Vis Studio 2003 to make a report with three subreports.

The main report has one shared datasource to a sql server 2000 database. The subreports all use one, different shared datasource to a different sql server 2000 database. They two databases can link together by employee id.

It all works fine in Vis Studio, but when I deploy I get the error:

Error: Subreport could not be shown.

I have made sure that the subreports are not wider than space allows on the main report. If the problem is that of using different datasources, then how else can I accomplish this? (I already tried linked server but ran into bugs).

Thanks

Have you checked the server log to see if there are more detailed error messages for the failed subreports?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156500.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment