Monday, March 26, 2012

Establish log dhipping db in sql2005

Hi all
I have db on my log shipping server as standby\readonly and my transaction log
was out of sync, I would like to make full bak from the source server and
restore
on log shipping server but when I right click the db in sql manager studio
the RESTORE database option DIM out. I can do this with sql 2000 to
reestablish
db when my transaction log was out of sync but look like I can't do this
with sql 2005. Have i missed any thing here?
Please help
Thanks in advanced
frank
Personally I have not played yet with it on SQL Server 2005 , but can you
issue BACKUP/RESTORE in the query builder instead of SSMS?
"frank" <frank@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:752AC215-1833-4B97-B57C-2E52C646D6BF@.microsoft.com...
> Hi all
> I have db on my log shipping server as standby\readonly and my transaction
> log
> was out of sync, I would like to make full bak from the source server and
> restore
> on log shipping server but when I right click the db in sql manager studio
> the RESTORE database option DIM out. I can do this with sql 2000 to
> reestablish
> db when my transaction log was out of sync but look like I can't do this
> with sql 2005. Have i missed any thing here?
> Please help
> Thanks in advanced

No comments:

Post a Comment