Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Estimated Execution Plan Fails, XML Error?

Good afternoon, all. Whenever I try to use Query | Display Estimated
Execution Plan in SQL Studio on any non-trivial query, I get this unhelpful
message:
Error processing execution plan results. The error message is:
There is an error in XML document (1, 501).
There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 501.
The only suggestion I've heard of is to instal SQL SPs, but that didn't
help. This is SQL 2K5 running on Win2K3. I don't believe there's any
strangeness like odd characters in instance names, and all language settings
are default. I've seen this before on another server, but Google has nothing.
Any ideas? Thanks!
I think I heard that the XML used for this can not handle some unusual
object names, but at best that is a long shot.
Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT
On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:32:02 -0700, JonOfAllTrades
<JonOfAllTrades@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon, all. Whenever I try to use Query | Display Estimated
>Execution Plan in SQL Studio on any non-trivial query, I get this unhelpful
>message:
>Error processing execution plan results. The error message is:
>There is an error in XML document (1, 501).
>There is an unclosed literal string. Line 1, position 501.
> The only suggestion I've heard of is to instal SQL SPs, but that didn't
>help. This is SQL 2K5 running on Win2K3. I don't believe there's any
>strangeness like odd characters in instance names, and all language settings
>are default. I've seen this before on another server, but Google has nothing.
> Any ideas? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment