Thursday, March 29, 2012

Estimating the Size and Growth of a Database / Table

I have been looking for a copy of a tool called the 'data sizer' that could
be found in the Microsoft BackOffice 4.5 Resource Kit. I have had no luck
tracking it down.
What I would like is a tool / script / stored proc that would allow me to
estimate how large a database would be and what the growth potential may be.
If anyone has anything they could share I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
SniperX
> What I would like is a tool / script / stored proc that would allow me to
> estimate how large a database would be and what the growth potential may
be.
> If anyone has anything they could share I would appreciate it.
If you have Books Online installed, see these topics:
Estimating the Size of a Table with a Clustered Index
Estimating the Size of a Table Without a Clustered Index
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment