Monday, March 26, 2012

Establishing a remote connection..!

How can I establish a remote connection for using remote database in SQL Server 2K5?

Thanks.

Take a look at this link:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library(d=robot)/ms188721.aspx

Is this what you are looking for? If not, please provide additional information on the scenario you want to enable.

Thanks
Laurentiu

|||

my scenario :

my computer is into a LAN. I want to connect from my PC to a database on another computer in this LAN. I have username and password for logging in to the another computer in SQL Server Authentication mode.

please help me!

|||

How did you try to connect so far?

Normally, you would need to specify the server name, and the user name and password. But you should check that the server accepts remote connections and that you're not blocked by a firewall. Also check to see that the type of connection that you make is enabled on the server (if you use TCP, check that TCP is enabled).

Thanks
Laurentiu

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment