Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Estimate Size Of A Temporary Table

Hello,
how can I estimate the size (KB) of a temptable?
Thank You
silasPlease, can you give me some hints how to solve this issue?|||http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa933068(SQL.80).aspx|||Please, can you give me some hints how to solve this issue?

It's as big a you fill it up...what's the question?|||It's as big a you fill it up...what's the question?
You misunderstood me. My question was "how to get the size", not "what's the size".

There is sp_spaceused, but this function doesn't work with temptables. The thing is, the user can create as many temptables as he wants. But this uses up the memory. So I need a way, to estimate the size of each temptable and the remaining memory.|||Why is the size important?

Size depends on amount of data and the datatype of the data.|||Why is the size important?

See above...|||Last edited by silas at 10:23...
You cannae fool me laddie ;)

This link (http://doc.ddart.net/mssql/sql70/da-db_1.htm) will help you find your answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment