Sunday, March 11, 2012

Errors in the encryption library Error

I'm getting the following error:

Error 74 Errors in the encryption library: Failed to encrypt sensitive data. Possibly the encryption key is inaccessible because of improper service account change. 0 0

I've tried deleting the database and directory from the data directory. This doesn't fix it. I still get the same error. However if I change the name of the target and deploy the problem is resolved.

I'd like to retain the original name for the database if I can. Could somebody explain why it's got this problem with the original name and how I go about fixing it. Thanks.


Try backing up all rest of the databases on your server. Then stop the service and delete everything from the data directory.
You can see the location of your data directory in DataDir server property.

Start the service, restore rest of your databases and at this point you should be able to depoy your database under original name.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment