Sunday, March 11, 2012

Errors in the high-level relational engine

I'm getting the following error back when trying to process in a new measure group into an existing cube in 2005...

"Errors in the high-level relational engine. The data source view does not contain a definition for the 'dbo_view_FACT_CPR_Hours' table or view. The Source property may not have been set."

I'm in the process of migrating my 2000 objects to 2005. I've basically copied over the 2000 relational db over to a 2005 SQL server and am going through and recreating the cubes from scratch. I was having this problem with another fact table and was able to remedy by creating a named query rather then hitting the view directly (even though the named query pulled the view straight). This hasn't worked for all of the tables giving me problems though. I know it's not a permission issue because I can hit some, but not all the tables. The bizarre thing is, I can browse the data in the dsv so I know it is recognizing the datasource, it just isn't recognizing it in the cube.

When I try to go to the partition tab in the cube builder it throws an "object block not set" error and crashes, or just crashes so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help!

It looks like Analysis Services cannot find a DSV table 'dbo_view_FACT_CPR_Hours' . One of Analysis Services objects is based on this table.

It is very possible you can query tables in DSV and see the data, but if one of the dimension attributes references old table or a view, you will get error like one you are seeing above.

There is nothing much you can do, but carefully go through the cube desing and clean problem after problem. What can help you is: Try and create XMLA script for your database and then search for a 'dbo_view_FACT_CPR_Hours' table. This way you should be able to find an error faster.

Edward Melomed.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

That's the problem though, there is a 'dbo_view_FACT_CPR_Hours' table in the dsv. I can't understand why AS can't find it when processing the cube. I built the measure group in the cube referencing it that source in the dsv. The cube will process fine without that measure group but as soon as I add it in again and try to process it bombs.

I'll continue to investigate the code on my end. I'll let you know if I come up with something.

Thanks for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment