Monday, March 26, 2012

Essentioal Relationship Question(s) [URGENT]!

Hi all;

[In case of creating a PK -FK relation]
When creating a DB cia VS.NET and from "Propert Pages -> on [Relationships] tap" there are many checkboxes (shown bellow), What question(s) should I ask my self in order to check the correct and right checkbox.

[1] Check existing data on creation.

[2] Enforce relationship for replication.

[3] Enforce relationship for INSERTs and UPDATEs.

[4] Cascade Update Related Fields.

[5] Cascade Delete Related Records.

(6) Cascade Update Related Fields.

(7) Cascade Delete Related Records.

Please, help me to under stand what should (to check betwwen thoses checkboxes)..

Thanks in advanced!

NOTE:
---
This is a URGENT messagem beacuse based on your answers or explaination I will build my Project DB. so, plz be coperative as you always..

++++++
~CS4Ever~
++++++Sorry, but have you considered reading the documentation?

You basically ask us to explain you what checkboxes on a SQL Server create relation dialog mean - this is all really well documented in - the documentation.|||I am not asking what those checkboxes do? I am asking who to be confident while checking thoses checkboxes (in otherwords, what should I ask myself to be confident?)?

Sorry for this question, but I am still beginner.

Hope my question is clear!|||Up plz.

I read about them "In a Complete Reference SQL (OSBORBE Book)>
(*) Inserting a new child row.
(*) Updating the forign key in a child row.
(*) Deleting a parent row. I
(*) Updatng the primary key in the parent row.

and I understod them (hopfully), BUT still I am asking about What question that I should ask myself in order to be confident when makeing the decision??

Hope you can help me gays!!

Thanks in advanced.|||plz, help me.

Just remember youself when you were beginner!!

Plz, help me.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment