Thursday, March 22, 2012

Error-Unable to get report parameters:Unable to access Web Service

Hi - In our RS + SP1 installation on Windows Server 2003, we recently began
to get the following error:
"Unable to get report parameters: Unable to access Web Service: The request
failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden."
We are calling Render() in code using an account which has admin rights to
the RS box, is not locked out, etc. Event logs show no failures and the RS
logs are as useless as ever. I see no access denieds from Windows auditing
either.
Thoughts?
thanks muchHi,
Thanks for your posting!
From your descriptions, I understood that you are not able to access Web
Service with the error message "Unable to get report parameters: Unable to
access Web Service: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden."
Have I understood you? Correct me if I was wrong.
Based on my knowledge, it seems that "anonymous" for Reportserver virual
folder is enabled. Please try the following steps and let me know whether
it works
1. Right click ReportServer in IIS->Properties->Directory Security
2. Make sure "Intergrated Windows authentication" is checked and "enable
anonymouse access" is unchecked.
Thank you for your patience and corporation. If you have any questions or
concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. We are always here to be of
assistance!
Sincerely yours,
Michael Cheng
Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Hi Michael, I looked at my anonymous setting but it was set properly.
By chance, I tried to execute http://server/reportserver/reportservice.asmx
and it said that there were no permissions to execute scripts in this virtual
root. Sure enough, I looked at the ReportServer virtual root config and the
Execute permissions were improperly set. Not sure how changed, but once I
put it back to "Scripts and Executables" I was good.
Thanks much
"Michael Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your posting!
> From your descriptions, I understood that you are not able to access Web
> Service with the error message "Unable to get report parameters: Unable to
> access Web Service: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden."
> Have I understood you? Correct me if I was wrong.
> Based on my knowledge, it seems that "anonymous" for Reportserver virual
> folder is enabled. Please try the following steps and let me know whether
> it works
> 1. Right click ReportServer in IIS->Properties->Directory Security
> 2. Make sure "Intergrated Windows authentication" is checked and "enable
> anonymouse access" is unchecked.
> Thank you for your patience and corporation. If you have any questions or
> concerns, don't hesitate to let me know. We are always here to be of
> assistance!
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Michael Cheng
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> =====================================================> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>|||Hi,
Thanks for your prompt updates!
It's great to hear that it did turn out to be an authority issue and you
yourself have resolved it.
Thank you for your patience and corporation. If you have any questions or
concerns on SQL Server, don't hesitate to let me know. We are always here
to be of assistance!
Sincerely yours,
Michael Cheng
Microsoft Online Partner Support
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment