Monday, March 19, 2012

Errors in the OLAP storage engine

One of the dimension in my cube is Region. When I try to browse this cube with Region deimension, I get the following error:

"Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation"

When I browse Region dimension alone it displays data without any error, also when I browse the cube with other dimensions there are no errors.

Does anybody has any idea for this.

Thanks,
Nasir

It turned out to be data issue. Some of the rows in the Fact table had NULL value in the RegionID. Even though Fact table RegionID has referential integrity with Region lookup table, but still NULL was allowed to be accepted value. Once I replaced the NULL values with some dummy value in both Fact table and Region lookup table, I no more got this error.
Nasir

No comments:

Post a Comment