Monday, March 19, 2012

Errors in the trace from Enterprise manager

Hi,
I was running a trace for few hours and noticed bunch of
exception events. I cannot find descriptions for most of
these exceptions. One was especially frequent, coming
from enterprise manager:
Error: 208, Severity: 16, State: 1.
What was that about?
By the way, in the BOL I read that for exception events,
severity, error, and state columns should be included in
the trace, for getting meaningful result. However, I
found that including these columns has no significance,
because text column contains everything that is contained
in these 3 columns anyway.
Thanks
OJ
OJ wrote:
> Hi,
> I was running a trace for few hours and noticed bunch of
> exception events. I cannot find descriptions for most of
> these exceptions. One was especially frequent, coming
> from enterprise manager:
> Error: 208, Severity: 16, State: 1.
> What was that about?
> By the way, in the BOL I read that for exception events,
> severity, error, and state columns should be included in
> the trace, for getting meaningful result. However, I
> found that including these columns has no significance,
> because text column contains everything that is contained
> in these 3 columns anyway.
> Thanks
> OJ
You can ignore most of them. They are "object not found" errors which
are often raised when a procedure accesses a temp table. The error is
important, but in order to figure out if it's relevant, you need to
examine the SQL statement running prior to the error.
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment