Thursday, March 22, 2012

Errors-unable to start

Hello, hope someone can help. My work computer has SQL installed now and it
must be started when I need to use my network scanner then turned back off.
Why? Not sure. This has always worked fine until yesterday. When I try
to start SQL I get 3 error
messages in a row and I am hoping someone out there can let me know how to f
ix it.
I have version 8.00.760 on this computer.
* 1st pop up error:
The MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRt.DLL:'_U@.YAPAXI@.Z
* After I click OK, 2nd error pops up:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.
* After I click OK, 3rd error pops up:
An error 31- (a device attached to the system is not functioning.) occured w
hile performing this service operation on the MSSQL Server service.
Thanks in advance..MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRt.DLL
This may indicate that the dll is corrupt or the wrong version....have you
installed any service packs, hot fixes of other software? You can try to re
place the dll with the correct version and see if that fixes your problem...
.
Brad Feaker
Database Administrator|||I have looked at noticed that there are several different types of updates a
nd service packs, do you have a suggestion. I have not done anything as of
yet. Thanks|||Try adding any service packs and hot fixes...this looks like an OS problem a
nd the SQL Server problem is a symptom. This is an OS problem I saw - mainl
y in Win98 though....You may even want to run a repair on your OS from the
install CD if the SP's and
fixes don't replace the dll in question.
Brad Feaker
Database Administrator
Please reply to forum only!!!!
-- Roxanna wrote: --
I have looked at noticed that there are several different types of updates a
nd service packs, do you have a suggestion. I have not done anything as of
yet. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment