Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Errors with SP4 upgrade... Please Help

I am having problems accessing DTS after install SP4 and was wondering
if someone could offer some advice.

I installed SP4 and got the following error after it competed.

Unable to write to response file 'U:\WINDOWS\setup.iss' during
recording. Please ensure enough space is available on target drive.

I got the error 3 times (3 pop-ups).

After the install I could not access DTS. I was getting 2 error
pop-ups.
1. 'rebbrui.rll is missing'
2. Snap-In failed to initialize: Meta Data Services

I read the groups and tried several things.

I tried to reinstall MDAC and it did not help.

I tried to register several dlls and it did not help.

I found this post and it seemed to help.
Repair Script:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Dat...Q_21445589.html

I was then able to access DTS using the profile (which is an
administrator) which
I used to install SP4 and run the above repair script. However, no
other profile can open or run DTS.

I tried running the repair script under the other profiles and it did
not help.

I was receiving 2 errors for the other profiles. I only documented one
and I am no longer getting the other. Now it just goes to a white
screen and hangs.

1st error:
DTS Designer Error
The specified module could not be found.

2nd error:
???

I tried reinstalling client tools and SP4 and it did not help. Now I
get one additional error.

Before I can expand the server node in enterprise manager I get the
following error.
Snap-in failed to initialize
Name: Meta Data Services
CLSID: {1DBA4DD4-EB97-4FD2-AB80-9D0D4BA74034}

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might fix this?

I am running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise on Windows 2000 Server with 4
GB RAM.

I did notices that someone has set the /3GB switch. I know this is not
supported on this OS but it was not causing major problems before the
upgrade. Could it be the culprit?Finally got this fixed. It was a real pain!

The registry on this server looked all hacked up to me. It looks like
many of the keys referenced U:/ instead of C:/

Some of the necessary dlls were pointing to U: also.

I had to manually uninstall SQL Server. Then reinstall. Then uninstall
via add remove programs. Then I did another uninstall/reinstall
(because i got a few errors).

I reinstalled, upgraded to sp4, stopped the service, swapped my master,
msdb, tempdb with the originals and everything is working great.

No comments:

Post a Comment