Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Errors with Service Pack 1

Hi Ng,
i have some problems with Rs Sp 1. I installed Sp 1 on the server and on the
pc where vs.net is installed. Now I got the following Problem:
I design a report and go to the preview mode. If an error is found, for
example a syntax problem in an expression, the report isn't displayed. No
problem till here. But now I change the expression, so that it's correct,
the report can't be displayed anyway. And from now on, the report won't show
in preview mode ever, even when the report is complete empty!!!
I deletet the report, copied the rdl code in a new one, and it could be
displayed. Renaming this report to the other name, can't be displayed...
Any Ideas?
Thanks in Advance
G. SchmelzerCould you please send me the exact steps to reproduce? I tried the following
but couldn't reproduce the issue:
1. Go to Layout view in Report Designer
2. Drop a textbox
3. Type the expression =Globals!ReportName in it
4. Preview (works fine)
5. Go back to layout.
6. Change the expression to =zzz_Globals!ReportName
7. Preview (returns an error)
8. Go back to layout.
9. Change the expression back to =Globals!ReportName
10. Preview (works fine)
--
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"G. Schmelzer" <asdf@.de.de> wrote in message
news:OwPYh2nXEHA.2816@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi Ng,
> i have some problems with Rs Sp 1. I installed Sp 1 on the server and on
the
> pc where vs.net is installed. Now I got the following Problem:
> I design a report and go to the preview mode. If an error is found, for
> example a syntax problem in an expression, the report isn't displayed. No
> problem till here. But now I change the expression, so that it's correct,
> the report can't be displayed anyway. And from now on, the report won't
show
> in preview mode ever, even when the report is complete empty!!!
> I deletet the report, copied the rdl code in a new one, and it could be
> displayed. Renaming this report to the other name, can't be displayed...
>
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks in Advance
> G. Schmelzer
>

No comments:

Post a Comment