Monday, March 19, 2012

ERRORS on Insert/Update DB2 from SQL Enterprise Manager (linked server)

I've set up an AS400/DB2 as a linked server, all standard configs (V4R5) on a SQL server 2000 machine and can select all day long. When I go to update or insert it throws an error referencing my driver. I'm using the HIS/OLEDB2 driver. Any ideas? Someone mentioned turning on Journaling on the 400?

Anything at this point would helpRE:
Q1 I'm using the HIS/OLEDB2 driver and can select all day long. When I go to update or insert it throws an error referencing my driver. Any ideas? Anything at this point would help

A1 Perhaps DB2 Connect provides a better odbc driver? Per IBM, DB2 Connect: "Provides extensive application programming tools for developing client-server and web applications using industry standard APIs such as ODBC, ADO, OLE DB, JDBC, SQLJ, DB2 CLI and Embedded SQL."

See: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/db2connect/|||I found an answer that worked from a colleague. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment