Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Errors when trying to run SQL

Ok, whenever I try to connect, I get the following Error messages:

"SQL Server Registration failed because of the connection failure displayed below.
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
ConnectionOpen (Connect())"

"An Error 1069 occured while performing this service operation on the
MSSQLServer Service"

I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Does anyone have an idea what's causing this? It was working fine and then all the sudden one day I start getting these messages and it won't work.

Thanks!
SmittyYou using sql server security ot trusted connection?

Do you have a dba, or are you it?

Does anyone else have sa priviliges to the box?|||Thanks for replying Brett...

It's my own personal computer at home so I'm the SA and no one else uses it nor has the ability to. It is the 120-day evaluation edition that I got with the text book that I use for school. I don't understand, it worked fine then it didn't... :confused:

Smitty|||You past the 120 days?

I think it messes with the registry...

You can by a full blown version for $49.00

It just can't be used for production systems...

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/development.asp|||I suppose that's most like the case :( Guess I'll need to buy it sooner or later heh..

Thanks Brett,

Smitty|||If its for study purpose then you can uninstall the SQL and remove all registry keys referred to SQL Server, reboot and reinstall Evaluation edition.|||Thank you Satya,

My instructor told me to do the same. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment