Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Error: SQL Server does not exist or access denied. (Error code 17).

Hello everyone.

I am trying to install Project Server, and i'm having issues with sharepoint, and connecting to SQL:

dataserver is running sbs2003 sql2003 and analsys services.

server2 is running server2003 is to be the application server for project.

ProjectDb is the database that i have setup in sql.

username is the account that can control everything as administrer.

in Sharepoint is asks for the database server: <<dataserver>>

SQL Server database name: <<ProjectDb>>

I'm using windoes authentication and then i click ok, and get the error message.

I've also see the error message can not find the SQL Server, and access denied. Under ODBC i have installed the sql server information under System DSN.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Everett Buel

Start by confirming that SQL Server is running and that you can access it directly. I take it this is SQL Server 2000, so you should have Query Analyzer installed and you can use it to try to connect to your database. Also (more basic) check to confirm that the SQL Server service is started.|||

SQL is running I have the Query Analyzer installed. All services are started. I can access the Sql Server from my desktop so i know that part is working.

But when I try to start up the data connection of the sharepoint services on the server running server 2003 i still get the error message.

Data services are all running on both servers.

Thanks for your reply

Everett Buel

|||

It would be nice if you two finished this thread. I can't tell you how many times I've gone searching the MS web site for resolution of error messages only to find this type of non-solution. If this is all you can do then why don't you delete the useless thread.

Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment