Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Error: Subreport could not be shown

I am getting this error when I run this report only when I access this report
from my PC. When I run it on the server it works fine. Any idea.
ThanksOn Jun 13, 11:14 am, Shan <S...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am getting this error when I run this report only when I access this report
> from my PC. When I run it on the server it works fine. Any idea.
> Thanks
Is the subreport located in the correct location on your PC? Also,
sometimes this error occurs when there is an error in the subreport.
Is there maybe some missing data/stored procedure/etc on your local
machine that does exist on the other machine/server? Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thanks for the tip. But all of a sudden it's working now. I dint' do any
thing. I dont know why wouldn't it run I never had this issue before. Thanks
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Jun 13, 11:14 am, Shan <S...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am getting this error when I run this report only when I access this report
> > from my PC. When I run it on the server it works fine. Any idea.
> > Thanks
> Is the subreport located in the correct location on your PC? Also,
> sometimes this error occurs when there is an error in the subreport.
> Is there maybe some missing data/stored procedure/etc on your local
> machine that does exist on the other machine/server? Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Jun 13, 1:32 pm, Shan <S...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. But all of a sudden it's working now. I dint' do any
> thing. I dont know why wouldn't it run I never had this issue before. Thanks
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Jun 13, 11:14 am, Shan <S...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I am getting this error when I run this report only when I access this report
> > > from my PC. When I run it on the server it works fine. Any idea.
> > > Thanks
> > Is the subreport located in the correct location on your PC? Also,
> > sometimes this error occurs when there is an error in the subreport.
> > Is there maybe some missing data/stored procedure/etc on your local
> > machine that does exist on the other machine/server? Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
I'm glad it works now. In this case, I would suggest checking the
query/stored procedure that is sourcing the subreport to make sure
that it does not have performance problems (probably via the Database
Engine Tuning Advisor). Also, check the report using a full range of
parameter values (where applicable) to verify that you did not omit
the error by parameter selection. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment